Learning all the transportation options at Disney’s Saratoga Springs can be intimidating. If you find it overwhelming to figure out how to travel from the resort to the theme parks, shopping areas, and other Orlando area activities, this article is for you!
I know when our family travels to Disney, knowing our transportation options BEFORE we arrive is incredibly comforting.
In this post, you will learn about all the modes of transportation available at Saratoga Springs so you know EXACTLY how to get around.
7 Transportation Options at Saratoga Springs:
Option #1: Take the FREE Disney bus!
Did you know Disney World provides FREE bus transportation from Saratoga Springs? Being able to jump on and off these buses is one of the best benefits of staying at a Disney World Resort.
Where can I go from Saratoga Springs by bus?
Saratoga Springs offers DIRECT bus transfers to any of the following places:
- Magic Kingdom: The bus ride is approximately 10 minutes. It is 4.4 miles (7 km) away.
- Epcot: The bus ride is typically about 10 minutes. It is 3.7 miles (5.9 km) away.
- Hollywood Studios: The bus ride takes 10-15 minutes. It is 4.2 miles (6.7 km) away.
- Animal Kingdom: The bus ride is approximately 15 minutes. It is 7.1 miles (11.5 km) away.
Since Disney Springs is accessible by boat, bus service is only available when the boats aren’t running.
In addition, you can get to these locations from Saratoga Springs by bus.
- Blizzard Beach: Take the bus to Animal Kingdom. Then, get off the bus and find the shuttle going directly to Blizzard Beach.
- Typhoon Lagoon: Take the ferry boat to Disney Springs. Then, get off the boat and find the bus going directly to Typhoon Lagoon.
- ANY of the other Disney World Resorts: Do you have dinner reservations at the Animal Kingdom Lodge? Or do you want to check out the Beach Club for your next vacation? Luckily, it’s EASY to get to any of the other 20+ Disney hotels from Saratoga Springs using the free Disney bus transportation. You only need to take the boat to Disney Springs or the closest theme park. Then get off the ferry and find the bus that goes directly to the resort you want to visit!
- ESPN Wide World of Sports: Check with the front desk regarding bus transportation here. The schedule and operating hours change depending on what events are being held. If there are no direct buses, you must take a bus to one of the parks and transfer to ESPN Wide World of Sports.
Where are the bus stops at Saratoga Springs?
Because Saratoga Springs is such a large resort, there are FIVE bus stops. The good news is that there’s a convenient bus stop no matter where you stay at the resort. Look at the map below to see the locations of the bus stops at Saratoga Springs.
In addition to buses that go to the four Disney theme parts, you will also notice buses that make a continuous loop around the resort. This internal shuttle system is particularly convenient because Saratoga Springs is very spread out. Instead of a long walk, you can hop on an internal bus to visit the pool or restaurants in another section of the resort!
What is the bus schedule at Saratoga Springs?
When you arrive at the bus stop, you will find a screen showing when the next bus for each destination is expected to arrive.
Bus service typically begins 45 minutes before the parks open and ends 1 hour after they close. Once they start, the buses run continuously throughout the day. I have found that you can typically expect a bus to arrive around every 20 minutes.
There’s usually a bit of a line to board the bus at certain times, such as in the morning as the parks open. So, give yourself ample time to get to your destination for a reservation or show. Our family usually leaves our room about an hour before we want to arrive, just to be safe.
Option #2: Take an Uber/Lyft from Saratoga Springs
If you don’t want to ride on or wait for the bus, using a rideshare service (Uber or Lyft) from Disney’s Saratoga Springs is easy. Just open the app and select your destination, and you will be matched with a driver within seconds.
Where can an Uber pick me up at Saratoga Springs?
Because Saratoga Springs is such a big resort, make sure to mark your location CORRECTLY in the app to avoid any delays. No matter which building you are staying in, a large parking lot is nearby, offering plenty of room for your driver to pick you up. In addition, you can be picked up outside the main lobby where you check-in.
You can also visit places OUTSIDE Walt Disney World Resort with a rideshare service.
We have often stayed at a Disney resort but wanted to visit somewhere else for a day or evening. To help save money, we rarely rent a car, so we have to find alternate transportation.
Luckily, rideshares like Uber can easily take you from Saratoga Springs to the following locations:
- Sea World
- Universal Theme Parks
- Downtown Orlando
- Restaurants, parks, etc. Honestly, you can go anywhere you want!
TWO rideshare companies operate in Disney World – Uber and Lyft. Between them both, there are a lot of drivers cruising around. Almost every time I’ve used a rideshare from the resorts, I’ve had to wait less than 10 minutes to get picked up.
The one-way fare around Walt Disney World averages about $15. In my opinion, if you have limited time to travel somewhere, it is money well spent!
Option #3: Take a TAXI
I know some people don’t like using Uber or Lyft because they don’t know about the person driving or don’t feel comfortable using the app. If this describes you, calling a traditional taxi company for a ride is easy.
Option #4: Ride in a MINNIE VAN
Disney World has partnered with Lyft to provide MINNIE VANS, which are Minnie Mouse-themed mini-vans!
This option will be more expensive than a regular Lyft vehicle, but there are quite a few added benefits:
- They are driven by DISNEY CAST MEMBERS. I know many people like this fact because the drivers are Disney employees, which provides additional peace of mind.
- They can fit up to SIX people.
- The fare includes up to two car seats, which your driver will install for you.
- These vans can fit scooters and wheelchairs, but please pre-arrange your ride if you need this service.
How do I get a Minnie Van to pick me up at Saratoga Springs Resort?
To schedule a Minnie Van, choose your destination using the Lyft app. Then, order the Minnie Van to come and pick you up. Although it probably doesn’t make sense for each trip, it’s perfect when time or energy is in short supply.
Option #5: Drive yourself!
Getting in your car and driving yourself is an often overlooked way to travel from Saratoga Springs to other Orlando locations. Driving around Disney World and the surrounding area is pretty easy. The hardest part is usually navigating the traffic!
One benefit of driving yourself is that the parking at Disney Springs, theme parks, and water parks is FREE! Unfortunately, many guests don’t realize (or forget) that if you stay at a Disney World Resort, parking does not cost anything. Free parking is an incredible benefit of staying at Saratoga Springs, as parking costs a minimum of $25 per day at each park.
In addition, you have the convenience of being able to go anywhere you want in Orlando without waiting for outside transportation. We often spend a day or two at another location, like the beach or Sea World, and having your own car really helps! 🙂
Option #6. Walk from Saratoga Springs
Where can I walk from Saratoga Springs?
If you’re staying at this resort, the only place that’s accessible to walk to is Disney Springs. But it’s one of the BEST places to walk, in my opinion! There are tons of things to see and do:
- Shopping at designer boutiques, small shops, and themed gift stores like Disney’s Days of Christmas and the Art of Disney.
- Restaurants like T-REX Cafe (my son’s favorite), Raglan Road (my husband’s go-to), and Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’, which is my favorite restaurant at Disney World!
- Plenty of entertainment, including nighttime music performances and beautiful outdoor spaces to explore.
How do I walk from Saratoga Springs to Disney Springs?
There are two different walking paths you can take to Disney Springs from the resort:
- The first walkway takes you to the western end of Disney Springs. This entrance is near Cirque de Soleil and the House of Blues.
- The second walkway lets you enter on the eastern side of Disney Springs. This area is called the Marketplace and is near the Rainforest Cafe.
Regardless of which walking path you choose, you should see signs pointing you in the right direction. If you do choose to walk to Disney Springs, I would talk to a Cast Member at the front desk to give you a map and explain the route. 🙂
Option #7. Take a boat
Where is the boat dock located at Saratoga Springs?
The boat dock is near the main lobby where you check-in. There are signs posted that will help point you in the correct direction.
Where can a boat take me from Saratoga Springs?
The ferryboat at Saratoga Springs only goes to Disney Springs, running continuously when Disney Springs is open. Once you get picked up, it only takes about five minutes to get there!
The boat will drop you off at the dock in the Marketplace section of Disney Springs.
Can I walk from Disney’s Saratoga Springs to the theme parks?
No. The theme parks are too far away to walk comfortably, and no walking paths connect them. You must use another form of transportation to get to the parks.
Does the Disney Skyliner stop at Saratoga Springs?
Can I take the Disney Monorail from Saratoga Springs?
Do Disney Buses travel to every park from Saratoga Springs?
Yes, BUT because there are other transportation options at Saratoga Springs, bus service is unavailable to Disney Springs. You can take a bus to all four theme parks.
What is your favorite transportation option while staying at Disney’s Saratoga Springs?
Leave a COMMENT below!