It can be intimidating to try and find all of the transportation options at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. If you find it overwhelming to figure out how to travel from the resort to the theme parks, shopping areas, and other Orlando area activities, this article is for you!
I know when our family travels to Disney World, knowing our transportation options BEFORE we arrive is incredibly comforting.
In this post, you will learn about all the options available at Caribbean Beach so you know EXACTLY how to get around.
6 Transportation Options at Caribbean Beach:
Option #1: Take the Disney Skyliner! (free)
The easiest (and most fun) way to travel from the Caribbean Beach Resort is to take the Disney Skyliner! One huge benefit of staying at Caribbean Beach is there is a Skyliner boarding station at the resort. The boarding station located here is considered the Skyliner’s main hub.
In case you didn’t know, the Disney Skyliner is a transportation option that lets you ride high over Disney World in aerial gondolas! In my opinion, it’s the MOST relaxing and fun way to get around Disney World, and I never pass up an opportunity to use it.
Where can I go on the Skyliner from Caribbean Beach?
The Skyliner goes in three directions from the Caribbean Beach station, which, as mentioned earlier, is the Skyliner network’s main hub.
Pay attention to the signs to board the correct gondola when you arrive.
Here are the places you can go on the Skyliner from the Caribbean Beach Resort:
- Hollywood Studios: This is my favorite theme park at Walt Disney World! This relaxing trip on the Skyliner takes you to the front gate, giving you an amazing view as you arrive. You’ll see the Hollywood Tower of Terror on your left. In addition to one of the most thrilling rides, Hollywood Studios is also home to all of the Star Wars attractions and some of the best dining at Walt Disney World. It takes about 6 minutes to get to Hollywood Studios from Caribbean Beach.
- Art of Animation and Pop Century Resorts: If you’re considering staying at either of these sister resorts on another Disney vacation, a great way to check them out is on the Skyliner. It stops in the middle of the two resorts, so you can pick which one to look at first! This trip is only 3-5 minutes long.
- Riviera Resort: This resort is right next to Caribbean Beach, but you can still take the Skyliner there since Caribbean Beach is such a large resort. Whether you’re having a character breakfast at Toppolino’s Terrace or checking out the resort for a future visit, the Skyliner is a great way to get to Riviera. The Skyliner ride to Riviera takes 5-6 minutes.
- Epcot: As with Hollywood Studios, getting to Epcot is fun and relaxing with a Skyliner trip. You’ll be dropped off at the International Gateway, near the France Pavilion, instead of the main entrance. I actually like this entrance better because it has great access to the International Showcase, my favorite part of Epcot. The trip from Hollywood Studios to Epcot is 9-10 minutes long.
Where is the Skyliner located at Caribbean Beach?
The Caribbean Beach Skyliner Station is in the southwest part of the resort. Because of its location at the property’s edge, you may be closer to the Riviera Skyliner Station if you’re staying in the Aruba or Martinique sections of Caribbean Beach.
The map below shows the Skyliner stations at Caribbean Beach and Riviera.
How do I get to the Skyliner at Caribbean Beach?
There are three options for getting to a Skyliner station if you stay at Caribbean Beach Resort.
- Walk to the Caribbean Beach Skyliner Station: Take in the sights around the resort while you walk to the Skyliner Station. Depending on where your room is, you might see the Spanish Citadel-inspired main pool, the Old Port Royale area with dining and shopping, or the fun activities happening on Caribbean Cay island.
- Walk to the Riviera Skyliner Station: If your room is in the Aruba section of Caribbean Beach, you might be closer to the Riviera Skyliner station than the one at Caribbean Beach. In this case, you can walk to that station to save time and energy.
- Take the Caribbean Beach internal shuttle: Because Caribbean Beach is such a large resort, they have an internal shuttle system that can take you from one end to the other. A bus stop is located in each section of the resort named after a Caribbean island. This is a great option if your room is in one of the sections furthest from the Skyliner, like Martinique or Barbados.
Option #2: Take the FREE Disney bus!
Did you know Disney World provides FREE bus transportation from Caribbean Beach? Being able to jump on and off these buses is one of the best benefits of staying at a Disney World Resort.
Where can I go from Disney’s Caribbean Beach by bus?
Caribbean Beach offers DIRECT bus transfers to the following places:
- Magic Kingdom: The bus ride is approximately 10 minutes. It is 4.2 miles (6.7 km) away.
- Animal Kingdom: The bus ride is typically between 10-15 minutes. It is 3.8 miles (6.1 km) away.
- Disney Springs: The bus ride is approximately 10 minutes. It is 2.5 miles (4 km) away.
Because the Disney Skyliner provides transportation to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, there is no bus service to these two parks. In the event that the Skyliner isn’t working, then Disney will send buses to Caribbean Beach.
In addition, you can get to these locations from Caribbean Beach with ONE bus transfer.
- Blizzard Beach: Take the bus to Animal Kingdom. Then, get off the bus and find the shuttle going directly to Blizzard Beach.
- Typhoon Lagoon: Take the bus to Disney Springs. Then, get off the bus and find the bus going directly to Typhoon Lagoon.
- ANY of the other Disney World Resorts: Do you have dinner reservations at the Wilderness Lodge? Or do you want to check out the Polynesian Resort for your next vacation? Luckily, it’s EASY to get to any of the other 20+ Disney hotels from Caribbean Beach using the free Disney bus transportation. All you need to do is take the bus to Disney Springs or the closest theme park. Then get off the shuttle and find the bus that goes directly to the resort you want to visit!
- ESPN Wide World of Sports: Check with the front desk regarding bus transportation here. The schedule and operating hours change depending on what events are being held. If there are no direct buses, you must take a bus to one of the parks and transfer to ESPN Wide World of Sports.
Where are the bus stops at Caribbean Beach located?
Because Caribbean Beach is such a big resort, there are SIX different locations where you can board the buses. The good news is that no matter where you stay within the resort, you shouldn’t have to walk far to find one of the bus stops. Each section of the resort, which are named after a Caribbean island, has a stop:
- Pick up #1. Martinique – This is the first stop, which means the buses are less crowded, but you’ll make a few other stops before heading to your destination.
- Pick up #2. Old Port Royale – this is the stop outside the main lobby. It is considered the MAIN bus stop. It is the largest and busiest.
- Pick up #3. Barbados
- Pick up #4. Trinidad
- Pick up #5. Jamaica
- Pick up #6. Aruba – Sometimes you will need to wait for a second bus at this station because the first one will already be full.
Here is a map of where you can find each bus stop at Caribbean Beach.
What is the bus schedule at Caribbean Beach?
When you arrive at any bus stop, you will find a screen showing when the next bus for each destination is expected to arrive.
Bus service typically begins 45 minutes before the park opens and ends 1 hour after it closes. Once they start, the buses run continuously throughout the day. I have found that you can typically expect a bus to arrive around every 20 minutes.
Since Disney buses are free to ride, they’re the most popular way to travel from Caribbean Beach. You can expect a bit of a line to board the bus at certain times, such as in the morning as the parks are opening. So, give yourself ample time to get to your destination for a reservation or show. Our family usually leaves our room about an hour before we want to arrive, just to be safe.
Is there an internal shuttle at Caribbean Beach?
YES! Because Caribbean Beach is so vast, Disney World provides an internal shuttle to get around the resort. It operates continuously in a big circle, stopping at each of the resort’s sections. You can use it to go anywhere you need within the resort, which should save you some long walks.
Option #3: Take an Uber/Lyft from Caribbean Beach
If you don’t want to ride on or wait for the bus, using a rideshare service (Uber or Lyft) from Caribbean Beach Resort is easy. Just open the app and select your destination, and you will be matched with a driver within seconds.
Where can I be picked up by an Uber or Lyft?
Because Caribbean Beach is such a big resort, you must mark your location CORRECTLY in the app to avoid any delays. You have a couple of choices:
#1. Old Port Royale Pickup: There is plenty of space outside the main lobby, Old Port Royale, for your driver to stop and pick you up.
#2. Outside your hotel building: Old Port Royale is far from parts of Caribbean Beach, especially if you are staying in the Trinidad section. The great news about using a rideshare is it can pick you up ANYWHERE you want. No matter which building you’re staying in, a parking lot will be nearby, offering plenty of room for your driver to stop quickly for you to jump in.
You can also visit places OUTSIDE Walt Disney World Resort with a rideshare service.
We have often stayed at a Disney resort but wanted to visit somewhere else for a day or evening. To help save money, we rarely rent a car, so we have to find alternate transportation.
Luckily, rideshares like Uber can easily take you from Caribbean Beach to the following locations:
- Sea World
- Universal Theme Parks
- Downtown Orlando
- Restaurants, parks, etc. Honestly, you can go anywhere you want!
TWO rideshare companies operate in Disney World – Uber and Lyft. Between them both, there are a lot of drivers cruising around. Almost every time I’ve used a rideshare from the resorts, I’ve had to wait less than 10 minutes to get picked up.
The one-way fare around Walt Disney World averages about $15. In my opinion, if you have limited time to travel somewhere, it is money well spent!
Option #4: Take a TAXI
I know some people don’t like using Uber or Lyft because they don’t know about the person driving or don’t feel comfortable using the app. If this describes you, calling a traditional taxi company for a ride is easy.
Option #5: Ride in a MINNIE VAN
Disney World has partnered with Lyft to provide MINNIE VANS, which are Minnie Mouse-themed mini-vans!
This option will be more expensive than a regular Lyft vehicle, but there are quite a few added benefits:
- They are driven by DISNEY CAST MEMBERS. I know many people like this fact because the drivers are Disney employees, which provides additional peace of mind.
- They can fit up to SIX people.
- The fare includes up to two car seats, which your driver will install for you.
- These vans can fit scooters and wheelchairs, but please pre-arrange your ride if you need this service.
How do I get a Minnie Van to pick me up?
To schedule a Minnie Van, choose your destination using the Lyft app. Then, order the Minnie Van to come and pick you up. Although it probably doesn’t make sense for each trip, it’s perfect when time or energy is in short supply.
Option #6: Drive yourself!
Getting in your car and driving yourself is an often overlooked way to travel from Caribbean Beach to other Orlando locations. Driving around Disney World and the surrounding area is pretty easy. The hardest part is usually navigating the traffic!
One benefit of driving yourself is that the parking at Disney Springs and all the theme parks is FREE! Unfortunately, many guests don’t realize (or forget) that if you stay at a Disney World Resort, parking does not cost anything. Free parking is an incredible benefit of staying at Caribbean Beach, as parking costs a minimum of $25 per day at each park.
In addition, you have the convenience of being able to go anywhere you want in Orlando without waiting for outside transportation. We often spend a day or two at another location, like the beach or Sea World, and having your own car really helps! 🙂
Can I walk from Disney’s Caribbean Beach to the theme parks?
No, you are not able to walk to any of the theme parks, water parks, or Disney Springs from the Caribbean Beach Resort. Not only would it be an incredibly far walk, but there are no walking paths that connect them.
Can I walk ANYWHERE from the Caribbean Beach Resort?
First, you should know that this Disney resort is HUGE. It would actually take you quite a bit of time just to walk around all the buildings and areas within Caribbean Beach.
The ONLY place you can walk to from Caribbean Beach is the Riviera Resort, which is located to the north.
Does the Disney Skyliner stop at Caribbean Beach?
YES! In fact, this Skyliner station is the main hub, so you can get to any of the Skyliner stops directly from Caribbean Beach. This is my FAVORITE form of transportation at Disney World. 🙂
Are there any internal transportation options at Caribbean Beach?
YES! Since the resort is so big, Disney provides internal shuttles to get around the property.
Below is a picture of one of the internal buses at Caribbean Beach. They stop at each bus stop on a continuous loop, allowing passengers to board and exit at any of the six resort sections.
Can I take the Disney Monorail from Caribbean Beach?
No, the monorail does not have a boarding station at Caribbean Beach. If you want access to this transportation option from your hotel, you must stay at the Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, or Polynesian Village Resort.
Does the Caribbean Beach Resort offer boat transportation?
No, boat transportation is not offered at this Disney resort.
What is your favorite transportation option while staying at Caribbean Beach?
Leave a COMMENT below!