One issue that can be intimidating for many guests staying at Disney’s All-Star Music is figuring out how to travel from the resort to the theme parks, shopping areas, and other Orlando area activities.
I know when our family travels to Disney, knowing our transportation options BEFORE arriving is incredibly comforting.
In this post, you will learn about all the modes of transportation available at All-Star Music Resort, so you know EXACTLY how you will get where you need to go.
4 Transportation Options at All-Star Music
Option #1. Use the FREE Bus Service!
One of the BEST parts about staying at All-Star Music (or any Disney resort) is that FREE bus transportation is provided directly to the theme parks and Disney Springs. In addition, you can use the bus service to get to two waterparks (Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon) and any of the other Disney hotels!
Where is the bus stop at All-Star Music?
If you want to ride on the Disney buses, your first step is finding the All-Star Music bus stop. Luckily, it’s super easy to locate and can be found directly outside Melody Hall, the main building where the lobby of the resort is located. Just walk out of the main entrance and turn right. Trust me; you can’t miss it!
Where do the buses at All-Star Music go?
Once you arrive at the bus stop in front of Melody Hall, you must pay attention to the signs to ensure you get on the correct bus! Luckily, everything is clearly marked, so this should not be a problem.
All-Star Music provides bus services directly to the following locations below. I have also included the distance away and the approximate time the bus ride will take. Of course, the drive time varies depending on traffic.
- Magic Kingdom: The bus ride is approximately 15-20 minutes. It is 7.2 miles (11.6 km) away.
- Animal Kingdom: The bus ride should take about 10 minutes. It is 2.9 miles (4.7 km) away.
- Hollywood Studios: The bus ride should take about 10 minutes. It is 3.5 miles (5.6 km) away.
- Epcot: The bus ride should take between 10-15 minutes. It is 5 miles (8 km) away.
- Disney Springs: The bus ride is approximately 15-20 minutes. It is 5.3 miles (8.5 km) away.
In addition, you can get to these locations from All-Star Music with ONE bus transfer.
- Blizzard Beach: Take the bus from All-Star Music to Animal Kingdom. Then get off the bus and find the shuttle going directly to Blizzard Beach.
- Typhoon Lagoon: Take the bus from All-Star Music to Disney Springs. Then get off the bus and find the bus going directly to Typhoon Lagoon.
- ANY of the other Disney World Resorts: Do you have dinner reservations at the Polynesian Resort? Or do you want to check out the Wilderness Lodge for your next vacation? Luckily, it’s EASY to get to any of the other 20+ Disney hotels from All-Star Music using the free Disney bus transportation. All you need to do is take the bus to any of the four theme parks or Disney Springs. Then get off the shuttle and find the bus that goes directly to the resort you want to visit! I believe Animal Kingdom is the BEST place to go for easy transfers since it is the closest theme park to All-Star Music. But please check to make sure Animal Kingdom is still open, or there will be no buses operating there. 🙂
- ESPN Wide World of Sports: Check with the front desk regarding bus transportation here. The schedule and operating hours can change depending on what events are being held. If there are no direct buses, you must take a bus to one of the parks and transfer to ESPN Wide World of Sports.
What is the bus schedule at All-Star Music?
Bus service to the theme parks typically begins 45 minutes before the park opens and ends 1 hour after closing.
Bus service to Disney Springs begins when they open and ends 1 hour after closing.
Once they start, the buses run continuously throughout the day. I have found that you can typically expect a bus to arrive around every 20 minutes.
In addition, you will find screens that show the approximate times when the next shuttle is expected to arrive right at the bus stop.
Just a warning that your bus may make additional stops at the other two All-Star Resorts!
Unfortunately, there is a possibility that your bus will NOT go directly to your desired location. At certain times of the day, your bus may stop to pick up guests at the other two All-Star Resorts (Sports and Movies). As you can imagine, your trip will take longer if the bus makes additional stops.
Disney changes the bus schedule based on how busy it is. Typically, there will be a separate bus just for All-Star Music when the demand for transportation is highest, such as in the mornings and evenings for the theme parks. But when it’s slower during the middle of the day, the Disney buses tend to be shared between the three All-Star Resorts.
As of this writing, the order that the buses pick up guests starts at All-Star Sports, then goes to All-Star Music and finishes with All-Star Movies before continuing to the final destination. So if the buses are being shared, it doesn’t matter whether you are going to the theme parks or coming home; you will have a stop at one of the other All-Star resorts. 🙂
Option #2: Take a taxi (Uber or Lyft)
If you don’t want to wait for the bus, it’s easy to take a taxi from All-Star Music to the theme parks, Disney Springs, or other Disney resorts.
Using this option can save a lot of time, especially during the middle of the day when the three All-Star resorts are sharing buses. Or you may walk up to see a LONG line to get on the bus, and there is a possibility you won’t fit on the next one that arrives.
I know our family has used this transportation option when we see the bus we needed to get on had just left, and it will be 20 minutes until the next one gets there! I would also advise you to take a taxi if you have an early breakfast at another resort. That is because taking a bus from All-Star Music to another resort involves a bus transfer, which adds a considerable amount of time!
The easiest place to meet your taxi driver is outside near the front lobby of Melody Hall, as there are plenty of spots for them to stop and for you to get in the car.
Taking a taxi is also a great way to visit places OUTSIDE Walt Disney World Resort.
We have often stayed at a Disney hotel but wanted to visit somewhere else for a day or evening. To help save money, we rarely rent a car, so we have to find alternate transportation.
Luckily, taxis and rideshares can easily take you from All-Star Music to the following locations:
- Sea World <– One of my favorite places. 🙂
- Universal Theme Parks
- Downtown Orlando
- Restaurants, parks, etc. Honestly, you can go anywhere you want!
TWO rideshare companies operate in Disney World – Uber and Lyft. Between them both, there are a lot of drivers cruising around. Almost every time I’ve used a rideshare from the resorts, I’ve had to wait less than ten minutes to get picked up.
You can also request a taxi from Mears, a company that operates all over Orlando.
I have found the one-way fare around Walt Disney World averages about $15. In my opinion, if you have limited time to travel somewhere, it is money well spent!
Option #3. Take a MINNIE Van
Another transportation option at All-Star Music is to take a Minnie Van!
Disney World has partnered with Lyft to provide MINNIE VANS, which are Minnie Mouse-themed mini-vans! Please be aware that this option will be more expensive than a regular Lyft vehicle, as you can see below.
Here are the advantages of using a Minnie Van:
- A complimentary car seat.
- Your driver will be a Disney Cast Member.
- Accessible vans are available and provide two spaces for mobility devices.
- Minnie Vans can access areas that regular rideshares cannot. One example is that you can get dropped off directly in front of Magic Kingdom instead of at the Transportation and Ticket Center!
If you want to use a Minnie Van, open up the Lyft app while inside All-Star Music, and choose your destination. From there, you should see the option to ride in a Minnie Van, along with seeing the price. If you’re satisfied, order the Minnie Van to come and pick you up!
YOU CAN ONLY USE A MINNIE VAN TO GO SOMEWHERE WITHIN WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT! If you are trying to visit Universal or go somewhere else around Orlando, you must review option #2 above.
Option #4: Drive yourself!
Getting in your car and driving yourself is an overlooked transportation option at All-Star Music. It’s probably the fastest way to travel since you don’t have to wait for someone else to pick you up.
And one incredible benefit of staying at All-Star Music (or any of the Disney Resort hotels) is that parking at any of the theme parks is FREE! Seriously, it’s rare for anything to be free at Disney World. 🙂
Getting FREE parking at the theme parks is an incredible benefit of staying at Disney’s All-Star Music, as parking costs a minimum of $25 per day at each park.
If you didn’t drive your car to Disney World or rent a car, you can ignore this option completely.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I walk from All-Star Music to any of the theme parks?
Unfortunately, the short answer to this question is NO.
First, the distance between All-Star Music Resort and any of the parks is fairly long. Second, there are no walking paths that connect them. You must either take the bus, a taxi, or drive yourself!
If you feel like walking somewhere, the other two All-Star Resorts (Sports and Movies) are easily visited on foot via the running/walking trail!
Can I take the Disney Skyliner from All-Star Music?
No, there are no boarding stations for the Disney Skyliner at All-Star Music. If you want access to this transportation option, you must stay at Pop Century Resort, Art of Animation Resort, Caribbean Beach Resort, or Riviera Resort.
Can I take the Disney Monorail from All-Star Music?
No, the monorail does not have a boarding station at All-Star Music. If you want access to this transportation option from your hotel, you must stay at the Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, or Polynesian Village Resort.
What is your favorite transportation option at All-Star Music?
Please let me know in the comments below. Or please feel free to ask any other questions I did not answer above! 🙂