So your plane has just landed at the Orlando International Airport (MCO). You and your family have decided to stay at All-Star Music Resort, and you are incredibly excited to get there so you can start your epic vacation.
Except now you are wondering…
How do I get from the Orlando Airport to Disney’s All-Star Music Resort?
Things used to be so easy before the pandemic, when you could just hop on the FREE “Magical Express” bus that took you directly to your resort. Oh well, no use looking back at the good old days. 🙂
Below, you will learn SIX ways to travel from the airport to All-Star Music.
In addition, I tried to give directions on WHERE you need to go to find each option at the airport, along with the pros and cons of each travel method. And if you need information about car seats, scroll to the bottom to see a complete breakdown.
Option #1: Take a rideshare to All-Star Music – Uber or Lyft
My favorite way to go from the Orlando Airport to All-Star Music is to use a rideshare service like Uber or Lyft. I like this option the best for TWO reasons:
Reason #1: The price!
Unfortunately, I can’t give you the exact price from the airport to All-Star Music using a rideshare since the prices constantly change depending on the day and time.
But, in my experience, it usually costs less than $60! For example, on a random Friday morning, I tested the cost if you were to get a ride from MCO to All-Star Music. You can see the results below for both Uber and Lyft.
- Please consider how LARGE of a vehicle you will need, as you may have lots of suitcases you need to fit. If so, you must book an UberXL or a Lyft XL, which costs slightly more.
Reason #2: Using a rideshare is probably the fastest way to Disney’s All-Star Music!
The other huge advantage of taking a ride share to All-Star Music is that you won’t have to wait long for your ride. At almost any time of day, you should wait less than 5 minutes for your driver!
Seriously, when you are ready to start doing Disney, you do not want to sit at the airport wasting time.
I love that once you collect your baggage and walk outside to the curb, you can be on your way to the parks or your resort a few minutes later. No waiting for a shuttle bus or standing in line for your rental car!
Where can I find the rideshare pickup at the Orlando Airport?
I know this part can seem a little intimidating, but don’t worry too much. With the popularity of services like Lyft and Uber, it is easy to find the location where your driver can pick you up.
First, you need to pay attention to your Terminal. MCO has three terminals; A, B, and C.
- Terminal A: The rideshare pickup is on Level 2 (Arrivals) unless it’s between 9:00 pm and 2:00 am, then it’s on Level 3.
- Terminal B: The rideshare pickup is on Level 2 (Arrivals) unless it’s between 9:00 pm and 2:00 am, then it’s on Level 3.
- Terminal C: The rideshare pickup is on Level 6.
Once you are on the correct level and outside by the curb, you should see signs showing where to stand for “Ride App Pickup.” The Lyft app even shows you which door to meet your driver based on the Terminal.
The biggest disadvantage to using a rideshare is you can’t plan it ahead of time, and the cost isn’t fixed. You have to trust that once you get to MCO, you will be able to use the app to order a vehicle and find the correct pickup location. Also, the costs can increase on rare occasions due to “surge pricing.”
If you have never used Uber or Lyft, you have to be comfortable with a stranger driving you in their car that is not part of a traditional company.
I know many people would rather take the certainty of one of the other options below and sacrifice the cost and speed that rideshares provide!
Option #2: Take a Shuttle Bus from MCO to Disney’s All-Star Music!
Another way to get from the airport to All-Star Music Resort is to take a bus. These shuttles are located at MCO near the baggage area.
Taking a shuttle bus offers many advantages:
- You can book, plan, and pay for your bus beforehand. Then, all you need to do is arrive, show them your ticket, and get on the appropriate shuttle to your resort.
- The bus can also pick you up at All-Star Music to take you back to the airport when your vacation is over.
- There are large, comfortable seats to relax in while you drive. And all of your luggage is stored underneath the bus until you arrive at the resort, where the driver unloads it for you.
If you are interested in this option, two different companies operate inside the Orlando Airport that can take you to All-Star Music:
Company #1: Mears Connect
This is the company that used to offer the “Magical Express” service. They have locations to board their buses in Terminals A and B, which are located at the far end of each Terminal. You will see multiple signs that point you exactly where you need to go!
How much does using Mears Connect cost to go to All-Star Music Resort?
There are actually two different services you can select with Mears Connect.
Standard Service: At the time of this writing, a one-way trip costs $20 per adult and $15 per child. Double this cost if you need Mears to take you back to the airport at the end of your trip.
The Standard Service bus will have a limited amount of waiting at the airport before your bus leaves. When you arrive at Mears at the airport, someone will direct you to the correct line and bus that will take you to your resort.
Just a warning that there is a good chance your bus will make stops at multiple resorts. For example, on a recent trip, our resort ended up being the third stop, which meant about 20 minutes of additional waiting on the bus as we had to go to the other resorts first.
Express Service: At the time of this writing, the cost was $250 ROUNDTRIP for up to 4 passengers. Add $55 for each additional passenger.
The advantage of the Express Service is that it takes you directly to your hotel. In addition, you should not have to wait to leave for All-Star Music when you arrive at the airport.
If you want to check current prices or book with Mears Connect, click HERE.
Company #2: The Sunshine Flyer
Interestingly, The Sunshine Flyer has themed buses designed to resemble passenger cars and train locomotives from the 1920s. Even the drivers and staff are dressed as rail conductors and engineers.
Once at the airport, you must head to Terminal B, Level 1, to find your bus.
How much does using the Sunshine Flyer to go to All-Star Music cost?
Similar to Mears Connect, you can choose two different services with the Sunshine Flyer.
Their Standard Service one-way tickets cost $19.50 per adult and $12 per child. Kids 2 and under are free if they are sitting on an adult’s lap. You will have to wait up to 30 minutes at the airport and potentially make a few stops before finally reaching your hotel.
If you don’t want to wait or make any additional stops, you can choose the Sunshine Flyer Direct Service. You will have private transportation in a van that takes you directly to your resort. Car seats are also provided, which is a big advantage if you have toddlers. The one-way cost is $120, and $240 for roundtrip.
If you like to have every detail of your trip planned, then taking a shuttle bus from the Orlando International Airport to All-Star Music is a great option.
You can book your ride and pay for it at home, then just show up at the airport and let Mears or The Sunshine Flyer do the rest.
But in my opinion, I prefer using Uber or Lyft, mostly because it is much faster. Once our family lands at the airport, we are ready to get to Disney World. Unfortunately, the standard services on both the shuttle buses can take a while, between waiting at the airport and driving to multiple Disney resorts before finally arriving at your destination.
If you are trying to compare Mears Connect and The Sunshine Flyer, you might want to read the reviews below to see what other riders had to say:
Option #3: Take a traditional taxi from MCO to Disney’s All-Star Music
Yes, it is still possible to take a normal taxi! Some people like this option because they trust a taxi more than a driver from Uber or Lyft since the taxicab is associated with a local company. And as you can see above, there are A LOT of taxis waiting for you at the Orlando Airport!
To take a taxi from MCO to All-Star Music, you will need to head to the following area, depending on your Terminal. You can find the most up-to-date information on the airport’s website.
- Terminal A: Ground Transportation Curb (Level 1) in spaces A22-A25
- Terminal B: Ground Transportation Curb (Level 1) in spaces B30-B34
- Terminal C: Arrivals Curb (Level 6)
Just so you know, the taxi driver can’t tell you the exact price to get to All-Star Music, as flat fares are prohibited by law. All fares are determined by the meter inside the taxi, which depends on the total length of the trip. And the rate is the same, regardless of how many passengers you have (up to 9).
However, it’s estimated that a one-way taxi ride from the airport to All-Star Music will cost $50 to $70.
A taxi will typically cost a bit more than Uber or Lyft. But many taxis have car seats available, especially some of the bigger vans, so this is a great option if you have toddlers.
Here are a few taxi companies that operate from the Orlando Airport. There should be plenty of taxis available when you arrive, but you can also try to schedule ahead of time if that makes you feel more comfortable.
Option #4: Hire a private car service!
Do you know the people at the airport holding a sign for someone near the baggage claim? These are often private car services waiting to take their clients wherever they need to go!
Before you skip this option as a way to go from the airport to All-Star Music because it sounds too expensive, please keep reading. I think it’s a great solution for many families, but often ignored.
First, let’s go over a few of the advantages that most private car services offer:
- You can schedule and pay for a private car service beforehand, so you have one less thing to worry about on your travel day.
- They will meet you directly at the airport, often with a sign with your name on it, ready to take you DIRECTLY to All-Star Music. No waiting for a bus, rental car, or taxi. And no sharing the ride with anyone else.
- Many companies include a short grocery store visit on the way!
- Help with your luggage.
- FREE car seats! You should be able to use car seats for as many children as you have included in the package.
So how much does a private car service cost from MCO to All-Star Music?
It depends on which company you select, but the average cost is between $100 to $150 one way. Typically, you will get a discount for booking roundtrip.
I don’t think a private car service is much more expensive than the other transportation options on this list. Especially if you consider some of the other benefits you receive and factor in the time you will save and the stress you won’t have. 🙂
Here are a few local companies you can use:
Option #5: Rent a car
For one reason or another, if you don’t like any of the options above, you can always rent a car to get to All-Star Music!
The advantages are that you have complete freedom for your vacation to go wherever you want. Renting a car might be a great option if you plan to visit other places other than Disney World, such as Universal, Sea World, or other areas in Orlando.
I would not recommend renting a car if you ONLY need it to get from the airport to All-Star Music and back again. This would be a crazy amount of money just for a few trips. Any of the other options on this list would be a better solution.
But if you decide to rent a car, there is one really nice perk. Since you are staying at All-Star Music, which is a Disney resort, you get FREE PARKING at any of the theme parks and water parks. Seriously, it’s rare for anything to be free at Disney World. 🙂
Getting FREE parking at the theme parks is an incredible benefit, as parking costs a minimum of $25 per day at each park.
Since Orlando is one of the biggest markets for rental cars in the world, every major rental car company operates here.
In addition, Enterprise, Hertz, and the other big carriers are located right at the airport on Level 1 in Terminals A and B and Level 4 in Terminal C. This means you don’t have to deal with an additional shuttle to get your rental car! 🙂
Option #6: Ride in a party bus or limo from the airport to All-Star Music Resort!
Are you coming to Disney World for a bachelorette party, wedding, or other celebration?
If so, why not start your trip the BEST possible way by taking a party bus or limousine? 🙂
You can have one of these vehicles pick you up right at MCO. And if you have a large party, it’s not even that expensive if everyone splits the cost! Seriously, check out rates with a local company HERE.
It’s not even a problem if toddlers are in your group, as you can request car seats when you book with most providers.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long is the drive from the Orlando International Airport to Disney’s All-Star Music?
The distance between MCO and All-Star Music is approximately 21.6 miles (34.8 km). The drive should take about 30 minutes, assuming there is not much traffic.
And as you can see on the map below, there are a few different ways you can make the drive. Please note that if you take FL-417, there are tolls to pay.
What is the best way to travel from the Orlando Airport to All-Star Music if I need a car seat?
If you have toddlers that require a car seat, I know it can be slightly frustrating to find transportation to All-Star Music that includes a car seat. So here is a brief rundown of everything the above options can provide:
- Luckily, it’s super easy to request a vehicle with Uber that has a car seat you can use. While in the Uber app, look for the Uber X Car Seat option.
- UberX Car Seat vehicles only provide ONE car seat. Also, there may be limited availability for an UberX Car Seat vehicle, so it’s possible you will have to wait for one at MCO.
- It’s also very easy to bring an inflatable car seat, so you don’t have to carry your large, heavy one from home. Check out some of the best options here on Amazon.
- As of this writing, Lyft does not have the option to request a vehicle with a car seat. Therefore, you must bring your own car seat to travel with Lyft.
Shuttle Bus – Mears Connect/The Sunshine Flyer:
- Car seats are not required as you ride on a large motor coach bus.
- However, if you take one of their shuttle vans, you can request to have as many car seats as you need.
- Many taxi vans have a car seat if needed, but it’s not guaranteed.
Private Car Service:
- Car seats should be no problem if you hire a private car service. Just make sure to let the company know what you need prior to arrival.
- If you decide to rent a car, you can also rent car seats or boosters from your provider for an additional daily cost.
- To save some money, you can also bring your own. It’s also very easy to bring an inflatable car seat, so you don’t have to carry your large, heavy one from home. Check out some of the best options here on Amazon.
Just so you know, rideshares and taxis are exempt from child passenger laws in Florida.
So it is completely up to you to determine if you require a car seat. Below is what the current law states:
(6) The child restraint requirements imposed by this section do not apply to a chauffeur-driven taxi, limousine, sedan, van, bus, motor coach, or other passenger vehicle if the operator and the motor vehicle are hired and used for the transportation of persons for compensation.”
What is your favorite way to travel from the Orlando International Airport to Disney’s All-Star Music Resort?
Please leave a comment below!