Below, I will detail SIX ways to get from the Orlando Airport (MCO) to Walt Disney World’s Swan and Dolphin Resort.
I tried to consider all scenarios, such as whether you need car seats, have a large party, budget options, private rides, etc.
Also, it’s important for you to know that the Swan and the Dolphin are technically TWO different hotels. But I have combined them into one article because they are right next to each other and share many things (even a website).
But they have two different entrances, so it’s important you tell your driver which one you are staying at. Or make sure to give the correct address.
- Swan: 1200 Epcot Resorts Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
- Dolphin: 1500 Epcot Resorts Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Orlando Airport to Swan & Dolphin Resort:
If you need information about car seats, scroll to the bottom to see a complete breakdown.
Option #1: Take a rideshare – Uber or Lyft
My favorite way to go from the Orlando Airport to the Dolphin and Swan is to use a rideshare service like Uber or Lyft. I like this option the best for TWO reasons:
Reason #1: The price!
Unfortunately, I can’t give you the exact cost from the airport using a rideshare since the prices constantly change depending on the day and time.
But, in my experience, it usually costs less than $50! For example, on a random Friday morning, I tested the cost if you were to get a ride from MCO to the Swan and Dolphin. You can see the results below for using Uber.
- Please consider how LARGE of a vehicle you will need, as you may have lots of suitcases you need to fit. If so, you must book an UberXL or UberXXL.
Reason #2: Using a rideshare is probably the fastest way to the Dolphin and Swan Resort!
The other huge advantage of taking a ride share is that you won’t have to wait long for your ride. At almost any time of day, you should wait less than 5 minutes for your driver!
I love that once you collect your baggage and walk outside to the curb, you can be on your way to the resort a few minutes later. No waiting for a shuttle bus or standing in line for your rental car!
Where can I find the rideshare pickup at the Orlando Airport?
I know this part can seem a little intimidating, but don’t worry too much. With the popularity of services like Lyft and Uber, it is easy to find the location where your driver can pick you up.
First, you need to pay attention to your Terminal. MCO has three terminals: A, B, and C.
- Terminal A: The rideshare pickup is on Level 2 (Arrivals) unless it’s between 9:00 pm and 2:00 am, then it’s on Level 3.
- Terminal B: The rideshare pickup is on Level 2 (Arrivals) unless it’s between 9:00 pm and 2:00 am, then it’s on Level 3.
- Terminal C: The rideshare pickup is on Level 6.
Once you are on the correct level and outside by the curb, you should see signs showing where to stand for “Ride App Pickup.”
The biggest disadvantage to using a rideshare is you can’t plan it ahead of time, and the cost isn’t fixed. You have to trust that once you get to MCO, you will be able to use the app to order a vehicle and find the correct pickup location. Also, the costs can increase on rare occasions due to “surge pricing.”
Option #2: Hire a private car service to the Swan and Dolphin!
Do you know the people at the airport holding a sign for someone near the baggage claim? These are often private car services waiting to take their clients wherever they need to go!
Before you skip this option as a way to go from the airport to the Dolphin and Swan because it sounds too expensive, please keep reading. I think it’s a great solution for many families, but often ignored.
First, let’s go over a few of the advantages that most private car services offer:
- You can schedule and pay for a private car service beforehand, so you have one less thing to worry about on your travel day.
- They will meet you directly at the airport, often with a sign with your name on it, ready to take you DIRECTLY to the resort. No waiting for a bus, rental car, or taxi. And no sharing the ride with anyone else.
- Many companies include a short grocery store visit on the way!
- Help with your luggage.
- FREE car seats! You should be able to use car seats for as many children as you have included in the package.
How much does a private car service cost from MCO to the Dolphin and Swan?
It depends on which company you select, but the average cost is between $100 to $150 one way. Typically, you will get a discount for booking roundtrip.
I don’t think a private car service is much more expensive than the other transportation options on this list. Especially if you consider some of the other benefits you receive and factor in the time you will save and the stress you won’t have. 🙂
If you are interested in a private car service, make sure to check out Quicksilver Tours and Transportation.
Quicksilver offers a number of incredible benefits and are highly recommended. If you book with them, you can expect your driver to be waiting at baggage claim with your name on a sign. They even monitor if your flight is late. 🙂
They offer the following vehicles, depending on your specific needs:
- Town Car or Luxury Sedan – Holds up to 4 passengers and is the least expensive option.
- Vans – Up to 10 passengers! Great for big groups as everyone can split the cost.
- Luxury SUVs that hold up to 6 passengers.
In addition, if you want, they offer a FREE 20-minute grocery stop on the way to your resort. Not to mention a FREE car seat.
This is the view as you check out with Quicksilver Transportation.
If you decide to use Quicksilver, please mention Resort Rat as you check out. It helps support my site, along with helping Quicksilver keep track of how their customers find them. Thank you. 🙂
You can also book private transportation through the Dolphin and Swan Resort. They offer pickup and dropoff by sedan, SUV, or van.
Option #3: Take a Shuttle Bus from MCO to the Swan and Dolphin!
Another way to get from the airport is to take a bus. These shuttles are located at MCO near the baggage area.
Taking a shuttle bus offers many advantages:
- You can book, plan, and pay for your bus beforehand. Then, all you need to do is arrive, show them your ticket, and get on the appropriate shuttle to your resort.
- The bus can also pick you up at the Dolphin or Swan to take you back to the airport when your vacation is over.
- There are large, comfortable seats to relax in while you drive. All of your luggage is stored underneath the bus until you arrive at the resort, where the driver unloads it for you.
If you are interested in this option, you will need to use Mears Connect:
This is the company that used to offer the “Magical Express” service. They have locations to board their buses in Terminals A and B, which are located at the far end of each Terminal. You will see multiple signs that point you exactly where you need to go!
How much does using Mears Connect cost to go to the Dolphin and Swan Resort?
At the time of this writing, a one-way trip costs $ 16 per adult and $13 per child. Double this cost if you need Mears to take you back to the airport at the end of your trip.
The Standard Service bus will have a limited amount of waiting at the airport before your bus leaves. When you arrive at Mears at the airport, someone will direct you to the correct line and bus that will take you to your resort.
Just a warning that there is a good chance your bus will make stops at multiple resorts. For example, on a recent trip, our resort ended up being the third stop, which meant about 20 minutes of additional waiting on the bus as we had to go to the other resorts first.
If you want to check current prices or book with Mears Connect, click HERE.
Option #4: Take a traditional taxi from MCO
Yes, it is still possible to take a normal taxi! Some people like this option because they trust a taxi more than a driver from Uber or Lyft since the taxicab is associated with a local company. And as you can see above, there are A LOT of taxis waiting for you at the Orlando Airport!
To take a taxi from MCO to the Dolphin and Swan, you will need to head to the following area, depending on your Terminal. You can find the most up-to-date information on the airport’s website.
- Terminal A: Ground Transportation Curb (Level 1) in spaces A22-A25
- Terminal B: Ground Transportation Curb (Level 1) in spaces B30-B34
- Terminal C: Arrivals Curb (Level 6)
Just so you know, the taxi driver can’t tell you the exact price to get to the Dolphin or Swan, as flat fares are prohibited by law. All fares are determined by the meter inside the taxi, which depends on the total length of the trip. And the rate is the same, regardless of how many passengers you have (up to 9).
However, it’s estimated that a one-way taxi ride from the airport to the Dolphin or Swan Resort will cost $50 to $70.
A taxi will typically cost a bit more than Uber or Lyft. But many taxis have car seats available, especially some of the bigger vans, so this is a great option if you have toddlers.
Here are a few taxi companies that operate from the Orlando Airport. There should be plenty of taxis available when you arrive, but you can also try to schedule ahead of time if that makes you feel more comfortable.
Option #5: Rent a car
For one reason or another, if you don’t like any of the options above, you can always rent a car to get to the Dolphin and Swan!
The advantages are that you have complete freedom for your vacation to go wherever you want. Renting a car might be a great option if you plan to visit other places other than Disney World, such as Universal, Sea World, or other areas in Orlando.
I would not recommend renting a car if you ONLY need it to get from the airport to the hotel and back again. This would be a crazy amount of money just for a few trips. Any of the other options on this list would be a better solution.
But if you decide to rent a car, there is one really nice perk. If you are staying at the Swan or Dolphin Resort, you get FREE PARKING at any of the Disney theme parks and water parks. Seriously, it’s rare for anything to be free at Disney World. 🙂
Getting FREE parking at the theme parks is an incredible benefit, as parking costs a minimum of $25 per day at each park.
Since Orlando is one of the biggest markets for rental cars in the world, every major rental car company operates here.
In addition, Enterprise, Hertz, and the other big carriers are located right at the airport on Level 1 in Terminals A and B and Level 4 in Terminal C. This means you don’t have to deal with an additional shuttle to get your rental car! 🙂
Option #6: Ride in a party bus or limo from the airport to the Dolphin and Swan!
Are you coming to Disney World for a bachelorette party, wedding, or other celebration?
If so, why not start your trip the BEST possible way by taking a party bus or limousine? 🙂
You can have one of these vehicles pick you up right at MCO. And if you have a large party, it’s not even that expensive if everyone splits the cost! Seriously, check out rates with a local company HERE.
It’s not even a problem if toddlers are in your group, as you can request car seats when you book.
What is the CHEAPEST way to get from the Orlando Airport to the Dolphin and Swan?
It’s hard to say which option is the least expensive. It depends on the number of people in your party. Also, it depends on the current costs of taking a rideshare service (Uber/Lyft). Their prices constantly change depending on availability and “surge pricing.”
But in general, the least cheapest option is typically either taking the Mears Shuttle or an Uber.
Another option that is definitely less money than anything else on this list is the Lynx bus service, which provides public transportation in Orlando. It would only cost a few dollars per person!
But you have to figure out their route map. In addition, the approximate time it would take is roughly 2 hours from MCO to the resort.
But if you are on a strict budget, then you will LOVE the rates.
What is the BEST way to get from the Orlando Airport to the Dolphin and Swan?
The best option depends on your unique circumstances.
- Shuttle service: Cheapest option for solo travelers or small groups. It gets more expensive as you add more people. You also share the shuttle with other people, and this is probably the option that takes the longest.
- Private car service: Best for people who want a private ride that is waiting for you.
- Uber/Lyft: Best for procrastinators who didn’t line up any other options. It’s also inexpensive compared to other options. 🙂
- Taxis: Best for people who don’t like Uber and Lyft!
- Car rentals: Best for people who want to visit other areas in Orlando outside Disney World.
- Party bus or limo: Best for celebrations or large groups!
How long is the drive from the Orlando International Airport to the Dolphin and Swan Resorts?
The distance is approximately 21.5 miles (36.5 km). The drive should take about 25 – 30 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Swan: 1200 Epcot Resorts Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
- Dolphin: 1500 Epcot Resorts Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
What is the best way to travel from Orlando Airport to the Dolphin and Swan if I need a car seat?
If you have toddlers, I know it is VERY important to find transportation that includes a car seat. So here is a brief rundown of everything the above options can provide:
- Car seats are not required as you ride on a large motor coach bus.
- However, if you take one of their shuttle vans, you can request to have as many car seats as you need.
Private Car Service:
- Car seats should be no problem if you hire a private car service. Just make sure to let the company know what you need before arrival.
- It’s easy to request a vehicle with Uber that has a car seat you can use. While in the Uber app, scroll down to see the car seat options.
- Uber Car Seat vehicles only provide ONE car seat. Also, there may be limited availability for an Uber Car Seat vehicle, so you may have to wait for one at MCO.
- It’s also very easy to bring an inflatable car seat, which you can use while riding in the Uber. Check out some of the best options here on Amazon.
- As of this writing, Lyft does not have the option to request a vehicle with a car seat. Therefore, you must bring your own car seat to travel with Lyft.
- Many taxi vans have a car seat if needed, but it’s not guaranteed.
- If you decide to rent a car, you can also rent car seats or boosters from your provider for an additional daily cost.
- To save some money, you can also bring your own. Getting an inflatable car seat is also very easy, so you don’t have to carry your large, heavy one from home. Check out some of the best options here on Amazon.
Just so you know, rideshares and taxis are exempt from child passenger laws in Florida.
So it is completely up to you to determine if you require a car seat. Below is what the current law states:
(6) The child restraint requirements imposed by this section do not apply to a chauffeur-driven taxi, limousine, sedan, van, bus, motor coach, or other passenger vehicle if the operator and the motor vehicle are hired and used for the transportation of persons for compensation.”
What questions do you have about traveling from the Orlando International Airport to the Dolphin and Swan Resorts?
Please leave a comment below! I will do my best to research and find you an answer.