From Adventureland to Tomorrowland and everything in between, there is a lot of walking at Disneyland.
The entire complex is huge! It includes two theme parks – Disneyland and California Adventure. Not to mention multiple resorts and an entertainment complex – Downtown Disney – with restaurants and shopping.
If you have a mobility issue, all this walking can seem overwhelming. Many people worry about slowing their families down. In many cases, walking this much is physically impossible or potentially dangerous.
Luckily, there are many options for renting a scooter while visiting Disneyland.
Below, I have listed the best and most used companies, highlighting the differences and things to consider. You will find multiple scooter rental businesses that operate in the Anaheim area, along with HOW to rent a scooter directly from Disneyland.
Here is a quick summary of the BEST Disneyland scooter companies, depending on your situation:
- Best Overall: One Stop Mobility – A great combination of pickup and delivery options, customer service, scooter options, and price. They have an office right across from Disneyland.
- Cheapest: There was no clear winner regarding the least expensive scooter rentals at Disneyland. It depends on the type of scooter, length of stay, delivery needs, accessories, and other factors.
- Best for people staying at a Disneyland Resort: ScooterBug – The ONLY company that drops scooters off at Disneyland Resorts WITHOUT you having to be present.
- Most convenient for single-day rentals: Disneyland – Scooters are available on a first-come, first-served basis at the front of the park.
5 Places to Rent Scooters at Disneyland:
*Please note that when it comes to scooters, you may also hear the term “ECV.” ECV stands for Electric Conveyance Vehicle. An ECV and scooter refer to the same thing, which is a 3 or 4-wheeled electric vehicle to help with mobility issues. The terms are used interchangeably below.*
One Stop Mobility started in 2005 to provide independence for those with mobility struggles.
Scooter Delivery & Pick-Up Options:
Free delivery is available to hotels near Disneyland, including on-site resorts and rental properties. The company is located across from Disneyland, at the Camelot Inn & Suites Hotel, making them the closest scooter rental company. Considering many guests stay within walking distance of Disneyland, this is a convenient option.
Types of Scooters & Pricing:
One Stop Mobility offers four scooters for Disneyland – Standard, Heavy Duty, Bariatric, and Transportable.
- Standard: Easy maneuverability and tight steering capabilities with a 300-pound capacity.
- Heavy Duty: Powerful model with a reinforced frame with a 400-pound limit.
- Bariatric: “Extra heavy duty” ECV with an upgraded accessory package and a 500-pound capacity.
- Transportable: Easy disassembly that fits into a standard car trunk.
Go to their website for up-to-date pricing. You will find that the longer you rent a scooter, the lower the “per day” cost becomes.
ScooterBug is the official featured provider for Disneyland scooter rentals. This distinction gives them a HUGE advantage over other companies regarding scooter delivery at Disney resorts.
If you stay at a Disneyland Resort, ScooterBug is the ONLY scooter rental company where you do NOT have to MEET the driver at delivery or pick up.
The company will deliver the scooter directly to the front desk of your resort, and you can pick it up at your convenience. Then, at the end of your trip, you just drop it back off at the front desk. 🙂
- There are THREE Disneyland Resorts: Grand Californian, Pixar Place Hotel, and Disneyland Hotel.
ScooterBug only has one type of scooter available to rent at Disneyland.
With a 35-mile range and 450-pound capacity, the scooter suits almost everyone. For added convenience, the scooter also has an onboard USB charger – perfect for charging phones!
Pricing varies based on the number of rental days. Their daily rate is $55, with small discounts for multi-day rentals.
Select Scooter Rental prides itself in providing high-quality rentals with a commitment to service. Founded in 2016, the company has positive reviews thanks to its quick, free delivery and customer service.
Scooter Delivery & Pick-Up Options:
The company is in the Best Western Park Place Inn, across the street from Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure. They offer free delivery and pick-up services from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily.
Best of all, you can pick up your scooter at your hotel’s front desk WITHOUT a meet-and-greet.
Staying at a vacation rental home? They’ll deliver within a 10-mile radius of Disneyland.
Rentable Scooters & Pricing:
Select Scooter Rental has three ECV models available. They have multi-day discounts, which means the scooter gets less expensive the longer you rent.
- Most popular (and affordable) ECV: Pride Victory 10 – Three Wheel
- Value ECV: Pride Victory 10 – Four Wheel
- Largest Weight Capacity: Pride Maxima
A Scooter 4 U offers one of the largest ECV fleets in the area. Since 2002, the company has provided customers with convenient delivery and helpful customer service.
Scooter Delivery & Pick-Up Options:
A Scooter 4 U is located a mile away from Disneyland. While it is not easy to access, they offer free morning delivery to all surrounding hotels and rentals. That way, you can wake up and have a rental ready!
The company can also deliver to other theme parks, like Knott’s Berry Farm, convention centers, and airports.
Rentable Scooters & Pricing:
As we mentioned, A Scooter 4 U has a large ECV fleet, giving you the power of choice. They offer anything from a foldable scooter to heavy-duty options with all-terrain wheels.
Pricing starts at $55 per day for most models, with discounting for multi-day rentals. A 7-day rental will run you $200, which is very competitive compared to surrounding competitors.
Lastly, you can rent a scooter from Disneyland when you arrive at each of the two theme parks. The rental office is located just east of the Disneyland Park Main Entrance.
The biggest advantage to renting directly from Disneyland is the convenience. You don’t have to worry about getting a scooter delivered or transporting it anywhere.
If you only need a scooter for ONE day, renting directly at the front of Disneyland is an easy option.
However, there are some HUGE negatives:
- The cost is by far the biggest disadvantage. It is $60 per day. And there are no “Length of Stay” discounts available. It will be $60/day, no matter how long you rent the ECV.
- You can’t remove the scooter from the location where it was rented. That means you can’t take it back with you to your resort. But you can take it between Disneyland and California Adventure.
- The scooters at Disneyland are on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations are not accepted, so scooters could be unavailable on busy days. It’s advised to get there EARLY to ensure you get one.
For those with mobility issues extending beyond the theme parks, renting a scooter from a third-party company is the BEST option. However, renting from Disneyland is a convenient option for a last-minute rental.
Disneyland’s ECVs are standard models with a 450-pound capacity. They may have a small storage basket to hold personal items as well. *Disneyland requires all ECVs to be operated at walking speed.*
Here is info about other rentals while visiting Disneyland:
Frequently Asked Questions:
How far should I reserve a scooter before a trip to Disneyland?
You should reserve your scooter as soon as possible, especially if you visit during a busier time of year, such as Spring Break or around Christmas. Most of the companies offer full refunds if canceled more than 48 hours before arrival, so it doesn’t hurt to guarantee you have access to a scooter.
What Disneyland scooter rental company is the cheapest?
The answer to this question varies depending on your unique situation. Your final price is determined by the type of scooter you rent and how long you need the scooter. Check out the recommended companies above to see which option fits your needs best.
What is the BEST scooter model to rent at Disneyland?
To determine which type of scooter is best for you, please consider the following features. Once you decide what you need, you can choose the appropriate model.
- Carrying capacity, which is how much weight the scooter holds.
- If the scooter needs to fit inside a car, you need to find one that is portable and can be disassembled.
- The top speed of the scooter and battery life.
- Consider any other accessories you want to add, such as canopies, baskets, oxygen tank holders, etc.
Can I take a scooter on any rides at Disneyland?
Disneyland does a great job of allowing scooters on many of their rides.
There are also many rides where you can’t take a scooter. For these attractions, you must be able to transfer to the ride vehicle.
What happens if my scooter malfunctions while visiting Disneyland?
Call whichever scooter company you rented from immediately. They can help fix your scooter or get you a new one promptly.
How is my scooter for Disneyland delivered?
Ultimately, it depends on the company’s policies and WHERE you are staying. Some can deliver without meeting you, while others require a specific drop-off window. You will want to confirm all delivery policies before renting!
What are the cancellation policies for Disneyland scooter rental companies?
Many of the companies listed above have a FREE 48-hour cancellation policy. There are usually fees involved for cancellations within 48 hours of your arrival. It’s important to understand each company’s policy before renting.
How long do ECV batteries last on a single charge at Disneyland?
It will ultimately depend on several factors, including battery capacity, operating speed, and rider weight. You can expect to at least have 10 miles on a charge. You should see this information posted for every type of scooter available to rent above.
Can I drive my scooter in the rain at Disneyland?
It is highly discouraged to operate your ECV in the rain. It can damage the electrical wiring within the scooter. We suggest buying a rain cover or parking your ECV in a covered spot.
Have more questions about scooter rentals at Disneyland? Let us know!
Please leave a comment below, and I will do my best to help answer your question!
Have you rented a scooter for a Disneyland trip before? Let us know about your experience and any extra tips!